A lot of people are unhappy that Apple removed Google Maps from the newest iPhone software update, iOS 6. We’re not going to lie, we are too. Google has been quiet about its plans for releasing a stand alone version. Until we hear something, try out this temporary solution. Add the mobile web version of Google maps to your home screen!
YES!!! This was my only drawback from getting the new iPhone. Google Maps are second to none. Not having them on the iPhone is a real pain. I mean have you ever used Apple maps? No because it’s horrible. I’ve litterally seen people on the street in New York City with a iPhone ask a stranger if they can use their Google maps to find where they’re going. It’s because people stick to what just works for them and this is no exception. Apple just thinks they can do it better. They want to create this monopoly that most people are just obliviously to. For me at least I can’t live without Google unless you strand me on some tropical island like Tom Hanks where my new best friend will be a Wilsonfootball.
- Here’s How To Instantly Get Google Maps Back On Your iPhone (AAPL, GOOG) (businessinsider.com)
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Maps Not Like Google Maps, in a Bad Way? (insidermonkey.com)
- Apple’s Maps Are A Disaster Waiting To Happen (AAPL, GOOG) (businessinsider.com)
- The verdict on Apple’s new map app: Compared with Google Maps, it sucks (tech.fortune.cnn.com)
- Apple IPhone 5 Praised for Speed, Faulted on Maps (bloomberg.com)
- Apple (AAPL) Is Beginning to Act Like a ‘Dumb Monopolist’ – Roger McNamee (wallstreetpit.com)
- Apple’s (AAPL) War with Google Intensifies (wallstreetpit.com)