The state of Nevada has issued a first license for one of Google’s self-driving cars – provided there are two people inside the car at all times, the Associated Press reports. Nevada’s DMV has issued the license after conducting demonstrations that the car is safe for testing on public streets.
I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Now all those teeny boppers can go ahead and txt while driving. I’d give the industry another 5 to 10 years before we see these in full production. AI‘s are getting smarter and smarter and I know they will be the future to driving transportation soon enough. I will most welcome it, then I won’t have to worry about my parents getting into an accident and they’ll be able to go anywhere they want no matter how old they get. This will solve a lot of problems and eliminate accidents they just need to perfect the technology. We will definitely see it in our lifetime.
- Google Self-Driving Car License Approved in Nevada (abcnews.go.com)
- Google gets first self-driving car license in Nevada (androidauthority.com)
- Nevada grants Google license to test self-driving cars on state’s roads (thetechblock.com)
- What are your thoughts on Google’s Self-Driving Car? (ceoworld.biz)
- Self-Driving Cars Set for Test Drive in Nevada (kstp.com)