The moon might look like a rather plain giant rock that exists in our nighttime sky but it’s actually a location still full of mystery. Perhaps the biggest mystery for scientists is why part of its crust has magnetic fields while other parts do not.
This is very interesting indeed. The moon has always been surrounded in mystery and that seems to be have the fun of trying to figure it all out. I remember my days studying Astronomy when the moon had so many interesting facets to its life and how it has an incredible impact on our own lives here on Earth. No many people realize that without the moon we would probably not even be here. So next time you look into the nights sky remember we need to thank that moon for all it has done.
- Moon’s Magnetic Anomalies Possibly Explained With Help From New Theory (inquisitr.com)
- SPACE: Researchers suggest magnetic anomalies on the Moon are the result of asteroid collision. “I… (pjmedia.com)
- Huge Asteroid Impact Linked to Moon’s Magnetic Hotspots (livescience.com)
- Huge Asteroid Impact Linked to Moon’s Magnetic Hotspots (space.com)
- Magnetic moon (eurekalert.org)
- Ancient impact may explain moonâs magnetic mystery (sciencenews.org)
- Moon’s magnetic material may have come from an asteroid (latimes.com)
- Moon Madness~Worm Moon (cryominute.wordpress.com)