Pinterest drove more traffic to online publishers in February than Twitter, according to third-party measurement data. That’s an impressive figure, given that the two-year-old site has an estimated 11.7 million active registered users compared to Twitter’s more than 100 million.
I’ve got to admit at first I was a bit skeptical about the relevancy of Pintrest but as I used it more and more I found myself obsessed; pinning all the unique pictures I could find. I think the reasons why Pintrest drove more traffic the Twitter is because it is simply richer content then what you can muster with 140 characters. Also being that it is much newer and those open waters are always better than the ones we travel everyday. I’m curious to see the evolution of Pintrest and see how this rich media platform grows from its infancy to a full blown social network. We’ll just have to wait and see.
- Pinterest for Sellers (vendio.com)
- 6 Compelling Reasons You Should Use Pinterest for Marketing (hubspot.com)
- Pinterest Driving More Blog Traffic Than Twitter (blogherald.com)
- Study: Pinterest Now Drives More Referral Traffic Than Twitter (siliconfilter.com)
- Charities need to get on the Pinterest Bandwagon! (vivanista.com)
- How to Use Pinterest for Business (pop-stream.com)
- Pinterest Facts, Pinteresting Users in an Infographic that’s Pinterested (idigid.wordpress.com)
- In Which I Feign Interest in Pinterest (sueedworthy.ca)