American Express, which has already launched programs with Facebook and Foursquare, is tackling another social media channel with a new initiative awarding discounts for tweets. The program works like this: Cardholders go to sync.americanexpress.com/twitter to sync their card with their Twitter account.
I think is a great promotional effort on Amex’s part. Tweet for savings is an awesome idea. I’d be willing to pick up an Amex card just for the added savings. I also like the fact that all you have to do is tweet as there are no promo codes or things that usually get in the way of getting those savings. Hopefully more Credit Cards will follow in Amex’s footsteps to get the most out our experience with Twitter.
- American Express Will Pay You To Tweet (Sort Of) (allthingsd.com)
- The cardholder merchant: American Express turns Twitter content into commerce (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Hashtags can now save you money when you shop (digitaltrends.com)
- American Express cardholders can use twitter hashtags for savings (slashgear.com)
- AmEx lets Twitter users turn tweets into coupons (gigaom.com)
- Twitter Partners With Credit Card Company To Save You Money (huffingtonpost.com)
- American Express, Twitter team up on retail deals (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- American Express, Twitter team up on retail deals (sfgate.com)