For the PlayStation 3, when it came to the console’s graphics, Sony partnered with Nvidia to produce the RSX ‘Reality Synthesizer’ GPU. According to a report on Forbes, though, for the PlayStation 4, Sony is partnering with Nvidia’s arch-rival AMD instead.
PS4 and AMD is going to be a match made in heaven. AMD known for being the front runner in graphics chips will be a perfect partner for Sony. Video games in general have been on the up and up so I can’t wait to see what Sony has cooked up for us gamers.
- AMD Talked With Nvidia About Acquisition Before Grabbing ATI (forbes.com)
- Troubled Sony Pins Hopes On PlayStation Vita (npr.org)
- Sony chief: PlayStation 4 reveal in 2012 would be a “distraction” (inquisitr.com)
- PlayStation 4 to Feature AMD Graphics? [Rumor] (kotaku.com)
- PlayStation 4 to use an AMD GPU? (geek.com)