Comcast is hoping to prevent its cable customers from cutting the cord by introducing a new streaming video service. The service, known as Xfinity Streampix, is designed to complement Comcast’s existing Xfinity on Demand and TV Everywhere initiatives.
So happy there are more alternatives for online streaming besides Netflix and Hulu. It will have the impact of making those services much better. Good competition is always good for the end user.
- The Content Battle Heats Up: Comcast Launches Netflix Competitor (mashable.com)
- Streampix: Comcast’s Answer to Its Netflix Problem? [Streaming Video] (gizmodo.com)
- Christie Betting on NJ Rebound to Fund Tax Cuts, Pensions – BusinessWeek (businessweek.com)
- Obama urges corporate tax cut, closing loopholes – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Romney Pushes Across-the-Board Tax Cuts – Wall Street Journal (online.wsj.com)
- Tributes paid to Sunday Times reporter Marie Colvin – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)